So, I haven't posted since Wednesday. Eek! I do still exist.
1) My World of Warcraft mage and primary character is now level 70. First time I've ever gotten a character to max level in that game - I didn't make 60 until Burning Crusade was out. Admittedly, I only barely beat Wrath of the Lich King which will raise it to 80, but nonetheless I did beat it. (I don't push hard for the last, oh, 5 or so levels because I don't enjoy PvP or instances. It was real hard to get excited about 60 until Burning Crusade was out. 70 seemed interesting because of the flying mounts, but it was WotLK coming out that really energized me the most there. Amusingly, I think the new 'achievements' stuff in the latest patch will help because it will give me something else to focus on accomplishing, and many will be easier the higher level I am.)
2) When I saw the physical therapist on Friday, the front was still irritated from the last taping. Back was okay so we taped it. So far, I still only have the back taped. I should have, without any taping, started hurting late last night, I suspect. Instead I felt only strain - the back tape helps, but it doesn't completely take care of it. Sleeping last night was not fun, positions that normally work didn't, and I woke up more often even though I wasn't in pain in any way I could define. So the front tape is definitely important. However, I'm planning to go the rest of today without it since I am not in pain. We can then tape tonight (so I can sleep, please, and thank you). The back tape will have to come off Monday night at the latest, but I can carry the front through to Tuesday night if it doesn't go on until tonight. Which means only one day completely untaped - the back will be fine to retape by Wednesday night. I could go longer than that if pain were my only concern, but the first thing that got me wasn't the pain, it was the sleep screwups. There's normal pregnancy sleep woes and then there's the waking-exhausted which has only happened to me with this, unless I was dumb enough to actually stay up late, which duh. The difference in the pain is still huge. I may have as much as a 1, maybe a 2, when it spikes right now. (Last week, by the end of the second day completely untaped, it was spiking to 4. Hence my assumption that having the back taped is providing some benefit. It could also just be that the muscles and ribs are further adjusting, of course. Hard to tell if the change in taping or the time factor is the important one.)
3) Still mostly pleased with the way the local elections went, now that the results are more solid.
4) Ray has TOO MUCH energy and Apple is back to doing things she shouldn't too. He's a bad influence. (Although if something gets damaged or destroyed, the odds are good it was Ray. Apple seems to be limiting herself to sleeping on the kitchen table. Sigh.) He is cute, though. And he levitates, the way Apple used to, for feather toys.
5) That's...really kinda it. There's a reason I haven't been posting much. That reason owes a lot to my days being work, come home, get done household chores, read LJ, flop. But. At least I am mostly comfortable when I flop; that is a Very Good Thing.
And now I go do laundry (so exciting!) and flop for a bit, maybe with a book, to try to keep the ribs from yelping too much. I really don't want to tape until tonight.